Have an account?

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Home Improvement Crisis

It’s amazing how you wake up one day, look around you and realize that your living space doesn’t bring the same amount of satisfaction it used to before and you have an urge to do something about it…I don’t know what goes through your head when you’re sleeping, or in your subconscious, that would trigger that!
But that’s what happened to me last week…

I moved to this apartment almost a year ago (and I seriously love it) it’s so cute, my kind of perfect apartment; a tiny duplex chalet in a small compound that holds 9 chalets where everyone knows everyone, has a pool and in a calm environment. It’s actually the third apartment I move to and it’s the only one that I felt like it’s a permanent place worth investing time and money to make it look more like me.
I really put my heart into it when I first moved and stopped when I felt it’s comfortable enough for me: my place to call “home”… But the funny part is that it’s not that bad after all, it’s just bit of mess that needs a bit of organizing, but the way I see it today is completely different, feels different, as if I have a multi personality disorder…
But this is how I am usually structured, every now and then I select something in the elements in my life and decide to change it, and since my house’s outlook seems a bit disturbing I guess I’ll be focusing on that (I guess it’s the easiest and most rational among car, job, boyfriend, friends or haircut).

So I started my home improvement movement last week…and I’m so excited about it even thought I know the amount of energy and capital it will cost but I don’t care because now that I have the ideas and the required outlook I know it will be the perfect time to do. I’m usually the type of person who postpones everything and then lose interest and I’m not planning on doing that now…


My whole point in this post is that I just realized that even if the same components in our lives remain the same, and one day we wake up and feel we need change, that doesn’t mean we need to actually change something in our life in a drastic way but maybe look into the existing ones, and try to select what makes us feel less comfortable, launch a new challenge, put our heart into it and make the best there is we can offer...

No comments:

Post a Comment